Established in 1872 as the University College Wales, Aberystwyth University turned into the originator individual from the University of Wales in 1894. At that point its name was changed to University College of Wales, Aberystwyth. At some point in the 1900s, its name was again changed to University of Wales, Aberystwyth. It is a public examination college in Wales. It has a current enlistment of more than 8,000 understudies, concentrating across 3 boss scholarly resources and 17 divisions. Aberystwyth University gives forefront instruction, yet in addition plans understudies to confront the contemporary world. The understudies' association of the establishment runs more than 150 clubs and social orders. It allows understudies to seek after extra-curricular interests paddling, discusses, PC programming and music. Penglais grounds houses the biggest Arts Center of Wales with shop theater corridors, a film and unrecorded music setting. The college coordinates different displays and has an all around loaded library.Aberystwyth University gives various grants, bursaries and grant plans for both public and global colleges. Further, the college upholds excellent examination reacting properly to the quickly evolving climate.
LOCATION: Aberystwyth, Wales
AREA OF STUDY
- Accounting and Finance Agriculture
- Animal Behavior, Wildlife Conservation and Zoology Art and Art History
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Microbiology Biology, Human Biology and Health Business and Management
- Climate Change Computer Science Criminology
- Drama, Theatre, Film and Television Studies Ecology and Plant Biology
- Education and Childhood Studies Engineering
- English and Creative Writing
- Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences History
- Information Studies Law
- Marine and Freshwater Biology Mathematics
- Politics and International Relations Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Science Tourism
- Aberystwyth University features in the Top 400 universities worldwide in The Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- Aberystwyth University features amongst the world's top 200 institutions in 4 of the 30 subjects featured in the 2014 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- Geography at Aberystwyth University features in the top 100, having climbed from a position in the top 150 in 2013.
- Politics features in the top 150, having risen from the top 200 in 2013, and Agriculture & Forestry has retained its place amongst the top 150.
- A new entrant for Aberystwyth in 2014 is English Language and Literature which features in the top 150.
- With a unique academic community currently attracting staff and students from over 100 countries around the globe, Aberystwyth University continues to engage the world and build on its international reputation.
● International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship (£2,500 towards the tuition fee)
● Vice Chancellor Masters Award (Full fee)
● Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
● Doctoral Career Development Scholarships for PhD students
£9000 - £14,300