University of South Wales
The University of South Wales (USW) is probably the biggest college in Wales, offering understudies astounding freedoms and prospects.Many courses are licensed by proficient bodies and employability is so essential to USW, it is important for every one of the courses. 95% of USW graduates go on to work or further investigation inside a half year of graduation (DLHE 2016).USW is in an uncommon piece of the UK, with three grounds all through south Wales. Understudies appreciate city life, open country and coast. USW Newport is in the core of the city and one of the college's most notorious structures. USW Cardiff is in a cutting edge capital city, with everything from shopping and live games, to music expressions and history. USW Pontypridd is the biggest grounds, encircled by green open spaces and comprising two locales: Treforest and Glyntaff.
AREAS OF STUDY UNDERGRADUATE
- Accounting & Finance
- Animation and Games
- Biological Sciences
- Built Environment
- Business & Management
- Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Data Science
- Design Education
- Film and Visual Effects
- Forensic Sciences
- Geography, Geology & Natural History
- Health Sciences
- International English
- Journalism & Media
- Live Event & Lighting Technology
- Medical Sciences
- Music & Sound
- Policing and Security
- Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Public Services
- Religious Studies
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Social Work
- Sociology Sport
- Youth and Community Work
- Business And Society Computing
- Engineering Science
- Creative Industries
- Life Sciences And Education Research
- The university is the second largest university in Wales in terms of its student numbers, and offers around 200 undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- The University of Wales, Newport received the 2013 Guardian Higher Education Award (with the University of Glamorgan) for widening participation through its Universities Heads of the Valleys Institute (UHOVI) initiative.
- The vice-chancellor of the university, Julie Lydon, was appointed an OBE for services to higher education in Wales in the 2014 Queen's Birthday Honours.
- In 2017, the university entered the top five percent of universities in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- In the 2017 National Student Survey the University was placed equal 140 out of 149 universities and institutions surveyed.
- The Complete University Guide 2016/7 ranked the university as 99 out of 127 UK universities however the ranking declined to 110 out of 129 UK Universities in 2017/8
- The University came 35th in the 2017 What Uni Awards.
- International Office Scholarships worth up to £2,000
- International Development Scholarships of £2,500
- International student Progression Fee Discount of £6,000
- Undergraduate fees: £13,500 to £13,800
- Postgraduate Fees: £14,300 to £15,300