Maryville University is a nationally recognized private institution located just 22 miles from downtown St. Louis, Missouri. Maryville offers a comprehensive and innovative education focused on student learning, outcomes and success. It was originally founded in 1872 by the Society of the Sacred Heart and offers more than 90 degrees at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels to students from 50 states and 47 countries. The school’s name is derived from the shortening and altering of “Mary’s Villa” when the school opened as an all women-school in the country outside of the order’s original downtown St. Louis location in 1872 (an area that today is within the boundaries of the city of St. Louis). In 1961 it moved to suburban St. Louis and in 1968 began admitting men. Since 1972 the university has been governed by a board of trustees consisting mostly of members of the laity, although five of the trustees are always associated with the Society of the Sacred Heart. The school’s athletic nickname is now the Saints.
Area of Study
- Computer and IT
- Health and Biomedical Science
- Digital Media
- Top 10 Online MBA in Cyber Security
- The Chronicle of Higher Education named Maryville University as the fourth fastest-growing university.
- Maryville University is an Apple Distinguished School. Maryville has been recognized for its Digital World program, which gives students the opportunity to personalize their education in an enhanced technology environment. This award was first bestowed to Maryville for 2016 – 2018 and then renewed for 2018 – 2021.
- Maryville University is ranked in the top 10 percent of all major universities in the nation for the economic value of its academic degrees by Educate to Career, a non-profit firm that analyzes the value of a college degree in response to student demand for good return on investment (ROI).
- Maryville University’s Online Graduate Nursing Programs were named to the roster of U.S. News & World Report Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs.
- Forbes and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazines consistently rank Maryville University as a top private school. Kiplinger’s has named Maryville to its list of 100 best values in private colleges and universities for seven consecutive years. Forbes has named Maryville to its “Best Colleges” list for the past four years.
Up to $14,000 annually (GPA>= 3.5 or ACT/SAT >= 27/1290)